- ‘’I am an ordinary human being. I am not super-human being. I don’t know one yet.
But certainly I am not one. I am a normal human being who can fall sick, who can recover, who can die, who can have feelings, who can be angered, who can laugh, who is fit enough to be President, and who can have headaches, and can have fever”
-Late President Umar Yar’ Adua of Nigeria on the fears over his state of health.
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by each experience in which you really stop to look
Fear in the face”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady(US)
- ‘’Fish her out’’
– Campaign for Democracy (CD) President reacting to Iyabo Obasanjo’s disappearance over the
Ministry of Health scam.
- ‘’ To marry a woman for her beauty is like buying a house because of the paint’’
– Mrs Adekanmi Akitoye,Marriage Counsellor and founder of Christian Magazine
- ‘’ Don’t be discouraged; don’t be intimidated, uncover the truth and lay it before
– Ex- Minister of FCT , Aliyu Modibo Umar while receiving members of the House of
Representatives Committee on Power and Steel.
- ‘’ We grow older more through indolence, than through age’’
– Christiana Sweden
- ‘’Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail
Sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it- but said we must and not drift, nor
Lie at the anchor’’
-Oliver W. Holmes
8 ‘’ First, this is victory for Nigeria.
It is not about APC OR PDP.
It is the first time in our history that very ordinary people,
Equipped only with the PVCs were able to unseat a president’’
-Comrade Adams Oshiomhole-when responding to how he felt
About the victory of APC at the polls in 2015
- ‘’ I have always said that God’s hand is upon Nigeria. If not, it would have
Stopped existing long ago. God has a prophetic hand upon Nigeria. It is not
An accident, irrespective of our different challenges and contradictions.
Whether the devil likes it or not, Nigeria is going to be great. That is the level
We have degenerated to. It is unfortunate calling Buhari, Mr. GO-SLOW.
How do you want him to come and clear the mess over 16 years in two
Days? I don’t know why we are never truthful with ourselves. If the only
Thing Buhari can achieve is to instill fear of corruption and all the
Machinery of government and agencies are working to dissuade
Corruption,then we would have achieved a lot’’
– Bishop Okonkwo- on the state of the Nation, Nigeria during his 70th
- ‘’ Love begins at home’’
Mother Theresa- On receiving Nobel Peace Price,
11 December 1979.
Compiled by- Idowu Tunde