Fire Scripture: Ecclesiastes 12:6-14
It is a tragic thing to keep God out of the vehicle of your life. In fact, as concluded in part 1 of this teaching, He must be in the control seat, leading, directing, and guiding you all through.
The Psalmist wrote, ‘’when I walk through the valley of the shadows of death…’’ (Psalm 23:4). This confirms that our journey through life will not always be on the smooth and safe side. But with Jesus in the boat of our lives, we can rest assured that we are safe.
Imagine the disciples in the boat when the storm arose. Without Jesus, they would have sunk and probably died and their boat destroyed. Although, just as other human beings lose sight of His presence, the disciples forgot that Jesus was in the boat. Fear took over, faith jumped out. They were sinking, but Jesus was sleeping.
Soon, they remembered and said, ‘’why should we fear and lose hope, when Jesus is here?’’ They summed up courage and called on Him. He arose, and rebuked the wind, ‘Peace be still’’. What if they had no space for Jesus? May you not lose His presence in your life, in Jesus’ name?
Beloved, if you don’t want your life to be a gory tale of pain, failure, and tragedy, you must give your life to Christ and let God take pre-eminence in all your affairs. You must focus your attention on getting ready for the rapture and making yourself a befitting bride for the Soon-coming king. You must be heaven–focused. If God doesn’t have the first and dominant place in your life today, you need to get rid of all the idols and distractions competing for God’s place. Seek His face; ask for His grace and help. They are available at the throne of grace!
- Worldly desires and vanities of life assigned to waste my life, clear away and let God be enthroned in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power from my foundation assigned to waste my destiny, die, and be wasted, in the name of Jesus.
- Any idol that wants to take the place of God in my heart and life, be roasted by the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, take over the vehicle of my life and be the sole driver, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, anywhere Your presence will not go with me, I will not go there, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I will honour and obey You all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let Your indwelling and abiding presence be with me forever, in the name of Jesus.
Prophetic Word: I cover you with the blood of Jesus, in Jesus name
By: Dr. D.K. Olukoya
Mountain Top Life Devotional