QUOTES FROM’ NIGERIA LEADERS’ NOT TO BE FORGOTTEN IN A HURRY
Nigeria leaders are known for sweet talks and boast when they are aspiring to positions in governments or when in governments just to win the hearts or votes of the poor and downtrodden that voted them into positions of authority.
I guessed they are in love with the application of law 45 in the ‘’LAWS OF POWER’’ by Robert Greene-‘’Preach the Need for change, but never reform too much at once’’.
The following quotations are from our leaders in Nigeria at one time or the other which should serve as a lesson for the electorates when elections shall be held in 2023.
- “A serious government will fix power (Electricity) problem in six months ‘.-Babatunde Raji Fashola-November 12, 2014
- ‘’Stone us(APC) if we do not perform after two years ‘’- Tony Momoh-April3,2016, (The Guardian)
- “ The only way to have stable electricity is to vote out PDP”.-Babatunde Raji Fashola-July 12,2014-(The Nation)
- “We seriously frown at President Goodluck Jonathan over unceremonious removal of the Group, Managing Director of NNPC, Mr. Andrew Yakubu’’.-APC, August 4, 2014, (Channels TV.)
- ‘’It’s time to Restructure Nigeria: The present situation of things where all component units get monthly allocations from the Federal Government only makes the states lazy and unproductive”.- Nasiru El-Rufai- August 2010
- ‘’Jonathan should resign if he has no solution to the violence being unleashed on some parts of the country”.- Nasiru El-Rufai-August 2012
- ‘’The only solution to the present uncertainty in the country is for the National Assembly to set machinery in motion for the impeachment of ailing President Umaru Musa Yar Adua’’- Muhammadu Buhari-March,10, 2010-(Sun Newspaper)
- Waste: ‘’Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than six (6) aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that?’’ Billions of naira are budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses’’-Muhammadu Buhari, February 2015, (Nigerians in the UK)
- ‘’We intend, for instance, to bring back our National Carrier, the Nigerian Airways. We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian Airways and within a year increase the fleet into about 20’’- Muhammadu Buhari- February 2015, (Nigerians in the UK)
- ‘’ Why do I need to go for medical trips if we cannot make our hospital functional?’’-Muhammadu Buhari February 2015,( Nigerians in the UK)
- Why is the Nation’s Currency, the Naira, now trading for 3180.00 per Dollar, while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar?’’-Babatunde Raji Fashola- December 26, 2014-(The Nation)
- Give Nigerians a daily update on the health of President Umaru Yar’ Adua to stem the growing rumours surrounding his state of health’’- Lai Muhammadu –December 21, 2009-(The Nation)
- 13 ‘’Amaechi is not only clean but a tool to free Nigeria from the corruption imposed on us by those who hate corruption’’- APC October 24, 2006-(Vanguard)
- The recent proscription of Boko Haram and Ansaru violates the constitution ‘’-Lai Mohammed, June 10, 2013-(The Nation)
Perusing the above we would see that not only have these ‘’prophesies’’ not come to pass, but the nation Nigeria is no longer safe to live in. People are killed unceremoniously, innocent girls are raped, our leaders still go for a medical checkup with taxpayers money overseas, Nigerian Airways is still not functional, epileptic power supply has rendered many businesses comatose and those still thriving are paying through the nose to power their business concern through the solar energy or diesel!
So, Nigerian Leaders, be careful of what you say when aspiring or in a position of authority. What you say today, will outlive you.
One thought on “QUOTES FROM ‘NIGERIA LEADERS ‘ NOT TO BE FORGOTTEN IN A HURRY”