The central workshop of the popular OMO-ADE FURNITURE work and Deco along Okinni/Ilobu road in Osogbo went up in flames Wednesday evening at about 6.40 pm

Passersby gathered to sympathize and to witness the gory site which made many mouths agape as almost all the working tools (planks) in the workshop were gutted with fire.

Frantic efforts were made to speak with the owner or manager of the workshop but all proved abortive as they were unwilling to give information to the press as to what led to the inferno However, as, at the time of filing this report, an unconfirmed source at the scene of the incident says, ‘’a young boy was playing with a cigarette stub but later dropped it on the floor without being noticed which later ignited the materials in the workshop’’.

But for the timely intervention of the Federal and State Fire Brigade Services, the whole place could have been burnt to ashes. The fire brigade was able to put off the fire and fortunately the showroom and finished furniture works on display outside the compound were spared.

There was no human casualty but observer remark millions of Naira must have gone with the fire because almost all the planks at the workshop were torched by fire.


By TheInterviewsNigeria

Publisher/Editor -in Chief with more than a decade of working in the media production industry, Our preoccupation is Development News and rooting for innovation locally and internationally. We are British trained Business English PRO. We edit manuscripts for book publication, translation(English/Yoruba/French). We cross your 't's' and dot your 'i's. We are also into speech draftsmanship and photography; Business reports, and proposals, with minimal cost. Meeting the deadline is our watchword. We would cover your Social /Public events with precision. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Call-08144956897, 08057355037 E-mail-,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *