Marriage is a union between a mature man and woman. It is a mutual agreement between the couple to build a home that they desire to have and that is expected to last for the rest of their lives.
However, for a marriage to last as God’ wants it to be , there are some basic ingredients that must be put in place and some enemies of a marriage that must be done away with.
Here are ten ( 10)things that you must avoid in your marriage:
1.Bad Friends- Avoid bad friends , they can ruin your home
- Lying tongues-Do not lie to your spouse, speak the truth all the time
- Envy- Don’t envy your spouse. Envy has destroyed so many marriages
- Anger-Don’t get angry with your spouse over trivial matters. Be angry but sin not.
- Pride- The bible says ’’pride goes before a fall-(proverbs-16:18) Both spouse must learn how to apologise when necessary..
- Selfishness- Don’t be selfish, always put your spouse first
- Evil family pattern- when there is evil family pattern , deal with it by engaging in deliverance and spiritual warfare
- Looking for ego boosts outside your marriage- Beware of leaning on others beyond your marriage as primary source for love, value and respect.
- Neglecting to talk openly with each other – If you only talk to your spouse about bills and household chores , you may be sliding into trouble. Holding on on your thoughts and feelings do not enhance transparency in your relationship. Practice the art of small talk that can open the door to deeper sharing.
- Resisting conflict resolution-Every couple runs into communication rough spots. Don’t build walls between you and your spouse. Some people mask their hurts, while others spew their emotions. Neither method is constructive-that is relational road blocks. Unresolved conflict leads to isolation and leaves you vulnerable to fleeing your marriage.