The Nigeria Computer Society(NCS)has said that the 2021 international Conference with the theme: ‘’Innovative Systems for Digital Economy(ISDC2021) shall be held in Uyo, the State Capital of Akwa-Ibom State, on the 3rd to 5th August 2021 with Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Patanmi, Minister of Communication and Digital Economy leading other speakers and participants, at the conference.
Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, July 27, 2021, Professor Adesina Sodiya, President of the NCS said, that, in the last forty-three years of NCS existence, the conference venue has been rotated among the six-geo-political zones in the country.
According to him, high profile personalities from the government, private and educational sectors, as well as from the international IT environment are expected at the event.
‘’NCS is preparing for the best and has assembled an impressive lineup of leading researchers, entrepreneurs, educators, industry experts, thought leaders, international scholars and subject matter experts as speakers and resource persons to share their extensive knowledge and experiences on the theme and sub-themes’’.
‘’I want to assure you that attendees will benefit greatly from their wealth of knowledge and insights,’’ he added.
Professor Adesina said, ‘’ Confirmed Guest Speakers are:
- Aliyu Aziz- Director-General, National Identity Management Commission
- Kashifulnuwa Abdullahi, Director-General, National Information Technology Development Agency
- Umar Danbata, Executive Vice-Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission(NCC)
- Mike Hinchey, President, International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP)
- Rita Orji, Canada Research Chair in Persuasive Technology Dalhousie University, Canada
- Bimbo Abioye, Group Managing Director, Fintrack Nigeria Limited
- Kola Okunola, Federal Inland Revenue Services
- Ayotunde Coker, MD Rack Centre Limited
- Austin Okere, FNCS, Founder and Executive Vice-Chairman, CWG Plc
- Aderonke Adeyegbe, MD, Commercio Limited
- Lare Ayoola, Chairman/CEO Tranter IT
- Anthony Okpanachi, MD/CEO, Development Bank of Nigeria
- Saliu Omolade, Executive Data Scientist and Delivery Executive, IBM Canada’s Cognitive Business Decision Support(CBDS) Service line
- Danny Gooris, Senior Manager, Oracle Academy, EMEA
- Otunba Adedayo Peter Arogundade, FNCS, Executive Director Sidmach Technologies
- Wasiu Adetunji Jimoh, Head, Application Development Team, Lagos State Government.
Professor Adesina said, ’’The 2020 conference was initially scheduled to hold in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom but forCOVID-19 Pandemic it could not hold. However, this year’s international conference will still hold at Ibom Hall, Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State while adhering strictly to the COVID-19 protocols. Interestingly, the conference will be in the hybrid form (physical and virtual attendance). The challenge posed by COVID-19 impressed the need for information Technology professionals to change their strategies’’, headed.
‘’In fact, COVID-19 has introduced a new normal paradigm shift which the whole world is currently battling with.’’
Professor Adesina said,’’ the NCS is the umbrella body of all IT professionals, interest groups and Stakeholders in Nigeria and with about 15,000members, spread across all the states of the Federation, NCS remains the only national IT Society with highly –skilful and dependable domain experts in various fields of Information Technology.
Adesina said,’’ NCS with major interest groups, (ISPON, ITAN, NiWIIT, ITSSP, AITP, NITPCS) and Structural organs(College of fellows, Chapters, NACOS), remains committed to promoting and leapfrogging IT development in Nigeria.
On the theme of the conference, he has this to say,’’ the theme of the conference was carefully and scientifically chosen in order to provide needed technological support for Government drives and vision in the modern society’’.
‘’Innovative Systems for Digital Economy is simply about economic transformation digitally. As we all know, the digital economy drives a nation to prosperity. Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) has resolved to provide the technical skills and expertise for the realization of this lofty goal of the government. NCS has also recognized that this drive needs highly innovative ideas and systems, he concluded.
For online Participation at the conference, you can log on to the link-TechEconomy.NG