Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra State has directed 16-year-old Mmesomma Joy Ejikeme to undergo counselling and therapy for falsifying her Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Soludo gave this directive in a letter signed by the Commissioner for Education, Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh, and addressed to the Principal of Anglican Girls Secondary School in Nnewi, where Mmesoma is a student.
The Anambra governor ordered that Mmesoma be handed over to the State Guidance Counselor and Professor of Clinical Psychology for evaluation.
According to the letter, the governor said the directive followed one of the recommendations of the panel constituted to investigate the matter, following the parading of the fake results which elicited interest, generated controversy and misgivings to the general public.
Recall that Ejikeme had stated that she scored a striking 362 out of 400, asserting herself as the highest-scoring candidate of the year.
However, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), the examining body, labelled the result as “patently fake,” clarifying that her actual score was 249.
JAMB announced Ejikeme would be barred from taking its mandatory exam for prospective undergraduates for the next three years.
Days later, the student admitted that her score was 249, adding that her UTME result was fake as confirmed by the panel set up by the Anambra state government.
Bloodbath in Plateau: Over 100 people killed, 24 hour curfew imposed
Over 100 people have been killed in Riyom and Mangu local councils of Plateau state and in response, the government announced a 24-hour curfew.
The curfew was slammed in Mangu Local Government Area.
Gov. Caleb Mutfwang gave the directive in a statement issued by his Director of Press and Public Affairs, Mr Gyang Bere, on Sunday in Jos.
The governor during a service at the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria (EYN), announced that 11 people were buried in the early hours of the morning, following Saturday’s night attacks in the Sabon Gari community in the local government.
This is in addition to a series of attacks in the local government and in Riyom Local Government where more than 100 people had been reported killed, farmlands and property destroyed and villages displaced.
According to the statement, the directive by the governor is geared toward restoring law and order and was sequel to its consultation with the State Security Council.
”Consequently, movements within the Local Government have been banned until further notice except for security personnel and persons on essential duties.
”Security agencies have therefore been directed to ensure total enforcement of the curfew.”
Meanwhile, Maj.-Gen. Abdusalam Abubakar, the Commander of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH), said he has temporarily relocated the headquarters of the operation to Mangu Local Government Area (LGA).
OPSH is a Special Military Task Force, maintaining peace in Plateau and its environments.
Abubakar, who doubles as the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, Rukuba, moved to the area barely 24 hours after he assumed command.
The decision followed a Saturday night attack on the Sabon Gari community of Mangu LGA, where 12 persons were killed and six houses completely razed down.
According to the commander, the move would enable him to work in synergy with the local authority to mitigate the situation.
‘I Stepped On Many Toes, Especially Women’ – Ailing Nollywood Actor Begs For Forgiveness
Ailing veteran Yoruba Nollywood actor, Sule Suebebe, has broken down in tears as he seeks forgiveness from those he offended in the early years of his life.
Naija News reports that the thespian, who has been bedridden for two years, appealed in a video making the rounds online.
Sule said he has stepped on many toes, especially women and uncountable ex-girlfriends who were running after him in the past.
While reflecting on the recklessness of his youthful days, Suebebe said many women he had romantic affairs with are with his babies; notwithstanding, he is begging for forgiveness for whatever he has done.
Sule Bebe added he once married a lady abroad, and they both had children together, but he was unable to see them.