I t is no longer strange globally of the recent ‘Hitler’ called CORONAVIRUS or COVID -19 killing thousands of people without a machine gun or bullets.
What is this monster killing without bullet or machine guns, without mercy? According to the World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered Coronavirus.
The World Health Organization (WHO) says that COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
For a better understanding of how the symptoms are, It is germane to notice the following:
- DRY COUGH
- SHORTNESS OF BREATH, ACHES AND PAINS
- SORE THROAT
HOW TO PREVENT INFECTION FROM CORONAVIRUS
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean with alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Keep at least I metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing(you may use mouth/nose mask)
- Stay indoor if you feel unwell
- Avoid smoking or other activities that weaken the lungs
- Practise physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and stay away from a large crowd
The World Health Organization hints that those with mild symptoms should self isolate and contact their medical provider or a COVID-19 information line for advice on testing or referral.
Helpline in Nigeria-Whatsapp –text Hi to NCDC-07087110839
It is pertinent to remember the information given by the Nigeria Health Minister-Prof. Ehanirie Osagie that ‘no private hospital in Nigeria has been authorized to treat coronavirus’. Let us help ourselves and help others against this deadly disease by obeying the medical expert’s counsels. Only accredited hospitals must attend to a suspected patient.
By- Idowu Julius