The recently sacked Minister of Power said that Buhari called him on Monday night to inform him of the impending sack.
According to Sale, the president thanked him for his support to his administration.
‘’Whether I am fired or not, I must step down in two years away,’’ he said.
Mamman said that in 2019, he did not lobby for his appointment for ministerial appointment.
Sale said, that he was called to submit his CV,’’ And within two hours, I was informed that I’ve been appointed as a Minister.
The former minister also debunked the reports that he collapsed and was hospitalized after the sack.
Mamman, who admitted that he had been ill, and has been receiving treatment since last weekend.
‘’Even before the sack was announced, I have been seriously ill. I had not even gone to the office since earlier in the week’’.
‘’So, yesterday (Wednesday) and today(Thursday), I also went back to the hospital for another round of check-ups and the doctor instructed that I needed some rest. So, I remained at one place to rest’’.
‘’I found a serene and quiet environment to rest and take medication as recommended by the doctor. I didn’t stay at home because sympathizers are trooping to console me; this would prevent me from resting and convalescing on time.
‘’But I was also not hospitalized, and I did not faint as reported’’.
Recall that there have been reports of Sale collapsed after the announcement relieving him of his ministerial position as the Power Minister