#Many dead as Plane crashes into homes in DR Congo
70 Hemp’ thiefs’ held in Ananbra
JAMB Registrar gets national award
#Kano traffic official crushed to death
Patronise registered agents, government advises tenants
Lagos govt. to revive Songhai project,others in Agric. sectors
Burna Boy, 2 Baba,others shine at AFRIMA
First Bank denies plan to sack core workers
Buhari: killing of Kogi PDP woman barbaric,calous
Death penalty to be expunged from Hate Speech Bill
Pope urges abolition of nuclear waepons during Japan visit
D utch doctor dies after contracting Lassa fever in Sierra Leone
Nigeria is South Korea’s key trade partner in Africa, says envoy
Grandma poisonsed two-day old baby because she didn’t like baby father
Buhari sympathises with leaders of East,Central Africa over deadly floods
Gbajabiamila advises pupils to shun cultism
Romanian ‘s President Klaus Iohannis wins 2nd Term in Runoff
#Non-oil SectorPicks Up Amid Lingering Structural Weaknesses-CardinalStone Report
I’m Running For President To Defeat Trump-Bloomberg
#States lock horns with FG over Road Projects Refund
Hate Speech sponsor recants,removes death penalty from Bill
Grandma Poisons two-day -old baby to stop daughter’s marriage
PFN opposes wiches’ conference in Enugu
Amaechi Targets April 2020 for Completion of Lagos-Ibadan Railway
11 Communities Halt Female Genital Mutilation in Ebonyi
Daily Trust Agric Conference Begins Tomorrow
#House Directs Julius Berger to Open Abuja-Kaduna Road
Zamfara demands police probe of ex- Gov Yari
Foreign investments must benefit workers in Africa- Unionists
Kashamu commends Buhari over Adoke’s arrest
Buhari: Killers of PDP Woman Leader in Kogi must face justice
HEADLINES FROM NIGERIA’S MAJOR NEWSPAPERS DECEMBER,1
- NYSC Stream 2 to resume camp December 3, says PTF
- ICPC uncovers N450m hidden in a bank account by court officials
- Gani Fawehinmi Awards hold Dec 10
- Group asks Buhari to change Service Chiefs
- Imo Community Drags EFCC To PMB Over Inaction On Petition
- Police re-arrest 4 Escapees from Edo Prison
- Kano Records 211 Rape cases in 2020
- ICPC Uncovers Hidden $919,000 in Court Officials Accounts
- END OF YEAR TRAVEL-NCDC urges Nigerians to limit non-essential domestic, international travels
- Again, bandits kill 7 farmers, abduct 30 others in Katsina-Lawmaker
- Iran Supreme Court: Physicians express alarm over amputation sentences on 4 men
- One out of seven Libyans needs mental health care-WHO Report
- N69.4bn: AMCON kicks over Jimoh Ibrahim moves to recover property
- FG Warns against Christmas carol, tells Nigerians abroad to stay away.
- 95% Anambra Corps Members to teach says NYSC
- Each Corps Member to get N2m for agriculture-NSPRI
- Oyetola, I, shunned ego to resolve LAUTECH Crises-Makinde
Headlines from Nigeria’s Major Newspapers November,30
- Oyetola: God revealed to me I would be Governor
- PDP, APC trade words over insecurity in Ekiti
- Yar’Adua’s brother vows to tackle banditry
- Alaafin gives panacea for peace
- Borno Massacre: Death toll hits 110 as 43 buried
- Framers killings: Govs. question security agencies capability
- Protect yourselves against terrorists, CNG tellS Northerners
- N3bn needed to resuscitate Ajaokuta steel -Senate Committee
- 33-year-old Ebonyi driver arraigned for 24 passengers’ death in a crash
- NAPTIP rescues 83 trafficked persons in Ondo
- I05 tested HIV-positive during the lockdown in Ogun -govt
- Ogun hoodlums snatch soldiers gun, hold Customs Officer hostage
Security News-Three Nigerians Arrested For Cyber -Crime
Three Nigerian Nationals have been arrested in Lagos for their suspected involvement in Business email compromise(BEC) Scams.
The three identified only as OC,32, IO,34 and OI,35-are believed to be part of a larger organized crime group called TMT, which has been involved in malware distribution, phishing and extensive BEC fraud.
According to Interpol, the three likely setup phishing links, domains, and mass mailing campaigns. By impersonating representatives of organizations, the suspects leveraged the campaigns to deliver26 malware families, including spyware and remote access tools.
Some of the malicious programmes employed by the group include AgentTesla, AZzorult, Loki the nanopore at, Spartan, and Remcos RAT.
In preparation for launching of the Scams and Stealing funds, the malware was leveraged to gain access to and monitor the systems of victim organizations and individuals.
Sice 2017, the TMT group is believed to have targeted government and private sector companies in over 150 countries. Data extracted from devices pertaining to the three arrested members have helped identify approximately 50,000 victims.
The three were arrested as part of Operation Falcon,a-year long investigation conducted by Interpol and Singapore based Security firm Group -IB, with assistance from Nigerian police.
Group -IB which has been tracking the cybercrime ring since 2019, claims that roughly half a million government and private sector companies could have been compromised.
The cybercriminals targeted organizations in the US, the UK, Singapore, Japan, Nigeria and other countries, looking to steal login information from browsers, email, and FTP Clients. The monetization methods are still under investigation, Group -IB says.
By IONUT ARGHIRE- Security week-Internet and Enterprise Security News, Insights Analysis.
About This Site
History1 year ago
THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH LADY P- ON OYOTUNJI VILLAGE ,SOUTH CAROLINA-USA
Entertainment2 years ago
kids got talent
Get Inspired2 years ago
YOUTHS ARE LEADERS OF TODAY AND NOT TOMORROW
Fashion1 year ago
you and your dress sense
Business1 year ago
THE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGES OF TOURIST CENTRES
Education1 year ago
WHY GIRL- CHILD MARRIAGE IN 21ST CENTURY?
Happenings2 years ago
Education2 years ago
WHAT IS SELF?