Wednesday 18th November was another epoch-making in Governor Adegboyega Oyetola’s administration in Osun state when he declares open Osun EndSars Aftermath Stakeholders Engagement.
The one-day interactive forum on youth development tagged’’ Osun EndSARS Aftermath Stakeholders Engagement’’ was held at Aurora Conference Centre, Osogbo.
Oyetola, who described the youth as the hope and future of the nation said his administration has designed workable Development Agenda which gives the youths a unique priority. The Governor emphasized his administration’s commitment to reactivate the state economy via youth empowerment engagement and development.
Mr Governor, in his address, rolled out some of his administration’s intervention programmes already on the ground and also mentioned the newly inaugurated Osun Ethanol Bio-Refinery Factory, located in Ayekale, Iragbiji. According to him, this factory would employ over ten thousand (10,000) youths when it begins operation.
Governor Oyetola also disclosed that the ongoing International Trade Centre/Industrial Hub and Inland Port Project at Dagbolu was capable of creating massive job opportunities for Osun youths.
‘’ The people, including the youth are the reason we are in government. Our administration came into office on the shoulders of Development Agenda programme carefully created to bring all sectors and the people into the development net, and to build on the foundation laid by our predecessors to take Osun to higher height’’.
‘’Within two years after coming into office, we have delivered adequate and quality services, projects and programmes across the state in the manner that will sustain the peace in the state; provide jobs for the people, especially the youths and provide security and welfare for people’’
In his words’ ‘on the part of the government, we have developed a Youth Policy christened the 4E’s: Youth Empowerment, YouthEngagement, YouthEntrepreneurship and Youth Education. At our EXCO meeting two days ago, we ratified the policy document’’, he concluded.
The Executive Governor of Osun State is of the opinion that the #EndSARSprotest has awoken our youths to their civic power and as stakeholders, they owe it a duty to convert that power to a positive advantage. ‘We are working assiduously to urgently fashion out ways of not only catering for the interest of our young people in governance but also ensuring their inclusion in the development process’’.
Oyetola expressed his displeasure at the high jacking of a peaceful protest by their unscrupulous elements, and urged the residents, particularly, the major stakeholders, including the traditional rulers, civil society organizations, students, market women, artisans, professionals among others, to join the government in its efforts at maintaining and sustaining the status of Osun as the most peaceful state in Nigeria.
HEADLINES FROM NIGERIA’S MAJOR NEWSPAPERS DECEMBER,1
- NYSC Stream 2 to resume camp December 3, says PTF
- ICPC uncovers N450m hidden in a bank account by court officials
- Gani Fawehinmi Awards hold Dec 10
- Group asks Buhari to change Service Chiefs
- Imo Community Drags EFCC To PMB Over Inaction On Petition
- Police re-arrest 4 Escapees from Edo Prison
- Kano Records 211 Rape cases in 2020
- ICPC Uncovers Hidden $919,000 in Court Officials Accounts
- END OF YEAR TRAVEL-NCDC urges Nigerians to limit non-essential domestic, international travels
- Again, bandits kill 7 farmers, abduct 30 others in Katsina-Lawmaker
- Iran Supreme Court: Physicians express alarm over amputation sentences on 4 men
- One out of seven Libyans needs mental health care-WHO Report
- N69.4bn: AMCON kicks over Jimoh Ibrahim moves to recover property
- FG Warns against Christmas carol, tells Nigerians abroad to stay away.
- 95% Anambra Corps Members to teach says NYSC
- Each Corps Member to get N2m for agriculture-NSPRI
- Oyetola, I, shunned ego to resolve LAUTECH Crises-Makinde
Headlines from Nigeria’s Major Newspapers November,30
- Oyetola: God revealed to me I would be Governor
- PDP, APC trade words over insecurity in Ekiti
- Yar’Adua’s brother vows to tackle banditry
- Alaafin gives panacea for peace
- Borno Massacre: Death toll hits 110 as 43 buried
- Framers killings: Govs. question security agencies capability
- Protect yourselves against terrorists, CNG tellS Northerners
- N3bn needed to resuscitate Ajaokuta steel -Senate Committee
- 33-year-old Ebonyi driver arraigned for 24 passengers’ death in a crash
- NAPTIP rescues 83 trafficked persons in Ondo
- I05 tested HIV-positive during the lockdown in Ogun -govt
- Ogun hoodlums snatch soldiers gun, hold Customs Officer hostage
Security News-Three Nigerians Arrested For Cyber -Crime
Three Nigerian Nationals have been arrested in Lagos for their suspected involvement in Business email compromise(BEC) Scams.
The three identified only as OC,32, IO,34 and OI,35-are believed to be part of a larger organized crime group called TMT, which has been involved in malware distribution, phishing and extensive BEC fraud.
According to Interpol, the three likely setup phishing links, domains, and mass mailing campaigns. By impersonating representatives of organizations, the suspects leveraged the campaigns to deliver26 malware families, including spyware and remote access tools.
Some of the malicious programmes employed by the group include AgentTesla, AZzorult, Loki the nanopore at, Spartan, and Remcos RAT.
In preparation for launching of the Scams and Stealing funds, the malware was leveraged to gain access to and monitor the systems of victim organizations and individuals.
Sice 2017, the TMT group is believed to have targeted government and private sector companies in over 150 countries. Data extracted from devices pertaining to the three arrested members have helped identify approximately 50,000 victims.
The three were arrested as part of Operation Falcon,a-year long investigation conducted by Interpol and Singapore based Security firm Group -IB, with assistance from Nigerian police.
Group -IB which has been tracking the cybercrime ring since 2019, claims that roughly half a million government and private sector companies could have been compromised.
The cybercriminals targeted organizations in the US, the UK, Singapore, Japan, Nigeria and other countries, looking to steal login information from browsers, email, and FTP Clients. The monetization methods are still under investigation, Group -IB says.
By IONUT ARGHIRE- Security week-Internet and Enterprise Security News, Insights Analysis.
About This Site
History1 year ago
THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH LADY P- ON OYOTUNJI VILLAGE ,SOUTH CAROLINA-USA
Entertainment2 years ago
kids got talent
Get Inspired2 years ago
YOUTHS ARE LEADERS OF TODAY AND NOT TOMORROW
Fashion1 year ago
you and your dress sense
Business1 year ago
THE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGES OF TOURIST CENTRES
Education1 year ago
WHY GIRL- CHILD MARRIAGE IN 21ST CENTURY?
Happenings2 years ago
Education2 years ago
WHAT IS SELF?