- ”And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of His disciples said unto Him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.2. And He said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.3 Give us day by day our daily bread. 4 and forgive us our sins; for we also forgive everyone that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
A consistent and effective prayer lifestyle is the secret of the amazing power and exploits of believers over the centuries.
A Sister came to the MFM Prayer City for deliverance to resolve some urgent issues in her life. During one of the prayer sessions, participants were asked to place their hands on their bellies and order all strangers out of their lives. Later that night, she started bleeding and, thinking it was her period, went to the bathroom only to discover that the fibroid, which had tormented her for a long time, was actually what was being expelled from her body. This sister prayed. She got answers to her prayers for urgent needs, plus a bonus!
What happens when you refuse to pray? Simple, you throw the doors of your life open for the enemy to manipulate! You will lack the spiritual muscle to resist the devil and put him to flight(James44:7). If Peter had heeded the warning of Jesus at Gethsemane(Matthew 26:41) and prayed, he would not have succumbed to the temptation to deny his Lord.
There are other dangers you face when you refuse to pray. The devil will be your permanent counselor. All kinds of demons will determine your thought processes because your prayerlessness is telling God that He is not relevant in your life.
Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to be our Counselor, but how can He counsel a person who refuses to fellowship with Him? Such a life will be unstable-the devil will determine its course. Prayerlessness is telling God that you are in control of your own life. It will rob you of the spiritual power and enabling that prayer brings. Besides, a life of effectual fervent prayer will help you to access revelation and direction from heaven. Also, when you do not pray, your relationship with God wanes and that portends great danger: it can lead to the closure of heaven over you.
Prayerlessness is a sin because it is disobedience to God’s word that we should pray without ceasing. If you only pray when you are in trouble, you are really in trouble!
Beloved, I encourage you to put each day in God’s hand by spending quality time with Him in prayer. It pays!
- Blessed Holy Spirit, teach me how to pray, in Jesus name
- My prayer altar, receive fresh fire, in Jesus name.
- Spirit of prayerlessness and lukewarmness, I bind and cast you out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I close every evil doorway in my life with the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a prayer eagle and a prayer warrior, in the name of Jesus.
- I silence any evil altar speaking against my prayer life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father grant me the spirit of grace and supplication, in the name of Jesus.
Prophetic Word; I prophesy that the spirit of prayer, grace and supplication will envelope your life, in Jesus name
By: Dr. D.K Olukoya (Mountain Top Life Devotional)